Desperate

Holiday is continuing. I see again the photograph of R. I don`t know since when I like to see her photograph. Actually, it is not a photograph. It is a part of my school magazine paper. The fashion page. But the, the exposure in my room which suddenly turned into middle-strong bright awaken me that the day is no longer dawn.

I see the sky. Sun is breathing. Birds are singing long ballad. I am confused what I should do. So I just get into my bathroom and enjoy a short shower spray. Delighting. This is one of many thing that may holiday here, in may dorm, is better than in my home. No job. No rice-field. No order to do this or that. Free. Like a gaggle of birds on the tree. Singing every discordant song which no one will reply a comment.

I get a dress. A little comb service in front of mirror. Breezy wind burst toward the window. A bottle of  mineral water on my desk. A little bag of candy. I go out from my room with the magazine in my hand. A flash drive. A headset.

I go up stairs. The room next to the stairs is full of loud music. I don`t need to knock the door. It squeal and then opened. My friend B is sleeping. A flavor of instant noodle cover the air. A dirty plate in the floor. A water heater. A rolled mug. A wet soccer tabloid.

"Hey, B! Sleep time is over!"

I shake his body.

"Let me sleep!"

"I borrow your laptop!"

"Just take it. Be careful. Use it surreptitiously."

"I know, Mr. Illegal!"

I go down stairs. Slink to old pantry next to my room. Plug the cable. Switch on the laptop. Waiting the loading, I open my magazine. Directly go to fashion page. Again. R`s photograph. I sigh long-deep breath.

I plug the flash drive to the laptop. Click a video file. A song in the air. Soft but strong. Lonely but for out my energy. Energy of  anger. Burst out. Then the movie play. The story is about a pickpockets. Still young. Still kids.

The main character is an unemployed man. Try to prove that his education can save him and his family from poorness. But the country which become the setting is chaotic. No place for him. No place for people like him to rise their life.

Accidentally, he meet one of the pickpocket kids. Make a deal. He will help them to manage their money. Ten percents of it.

"For what use?"

"To ensure your future."

"Okay. We deal."


(to be continued...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIGA KATA SEMBOYAN DAN SEBUAH IRONI

Permodelan Matematis Teorema Kendali

Mewariskan Nilai, Merawat Harapan